CIPS Book Series
1: ABOUT THE CIPS BOOK SERIES
The CIPS Book Series on The Boundaries of Psychoanalysis represents the rich intellectual life and scholarly discourse of the CIPS community. CIPS is a diverse and multidisciplinary psychoanalytic community, committed to the principle of academic freedom, and determined to make our pluralism productive by promoting a vigorous dialogue and scholarly projects across all segments of our community. We worked vigorously to make our pluralism work for us. The CIPS book series, like our intimate clinical conferences and teleconference study groups, brings our community together in collective efforts to study, to learn, and communicate our work and our collective experience. The CIPS book series is published by Karnac Books in London.
2: ABOUT KARNAC BOOKS
Karnac Books is one of the leading publishers in the field of psychoanalysis and mental health, producing a broad range of books, from essential classics to contemporary, innovative and cutting-edge titles. Karnac started in 1950 as a bookshop in London, founded by Harry Karnac, who was soon inspired and encouraged by D.W. Winnicott, a leading paediatrician, psychoanalyst, and friend of Harry’s, to become one of the first booksellers to specialise in ‘mother and baby’ books. The ‘mother and baby’ section grew and evolved to include titles on child analysis and therapy, and from there to psychoanalysis and psychotherapy. In the 1980s Karnac starting publishing reprints of classic psychoanalytic texts, followed soon after by original titles, and now publishes over 120 new titles every year.
3: BOOKS IN THE CIPS BOOK SERIES
- When Theories Touch: A historical and theoretical integration of psychoanalytic thought, by Steven J. Ellman (2010).
- A New Freudian Synthesis: Clinical process in the next generation, edited by Andrew Druck, Carolyn Ellman, Norbert Freedman & Aaron Thaler (2011).
- Another Kind of Evidence: Studies on internalization, annihilation anxiety, and progressive symbolization in the psychoanalytic process, by Norbert Freedman, Marvin Hurvich and Rhonda Ward, with Jesse Geller and Joan Hoffenberg (2011).
- The Second Century of Psychoanalysis: Evolving perspectives on therapeutic action, edited by Michael Diamond and Christopher Christian (2011).
- Absolute Truth and Unbearable Psychic Pain: Psychoanalytic perspectives on concrete experience. edited by Allan Frosch (2012).
- Battling the Life and Death Forces of Sadomasochism: Clinical perspectives, edited by Harriet Basseches, Paula Ellman, and Nancy Goodman (2013).
- From Soma to Symbol: Psychosomatic Conditions and Transformative Experience, edited by Phyllis Sloate (2016).
- Critical Flicker Fusion: Psychoanalysis at the movies, by William Fried (2016).
- Stalker, Hacker, Voyeur, Spy: A psychoanalytic study of erotomania, voyeurism, surveillance, and invasions of privacy, by Helen Gediman (2016)
4: HOW TO PURCHASE CIPS BOOKs
Members can now purchase books in the CIPS book series at a 15 per cent discount. To get the discount, you will need to quote the special CIPS Book Series code in the discount box on the checkout page.
Code is available after logging into Members Only Section. This code can be used every time you order a book in the CIPS series on the Karnac website.
Please note the code discounts from the cover price of the ordered book (not from the discounted web price on the Karnac site), and does not work for orders of eBook editions or book + eBook bundles, which are already discounted