CIPS NewsBriefs - Fall 2023
NPSI: Publications, Awards, Important Speaking Engagements
Reporter: Dave Parnes, LICSW, FIPA
Caron Harrang, LICSW, FIPA, BCPsa
Caron Harrang, LICSW FIPA BCPsa is Guest Editor for a Special Issue of the American Journal of Psychoanalysis titled “Truth and Lies: Psychoanalytic Perspectives.” Papers are available individually online and the hardcopy Special Issue will come out in December 2023 and includes the following papers, some of which are by NPSI authors (in bold). For additional information: https://amjpa.org/
- Nicola Abel-Hirsch: What Might Be in So Close That as Psychoanalysts We Miss It?
- Caron Harrang, LICSW, FIPA, BCPsa: On Grotstein’s ‘Truth’ in Bion’s Theory of ‘O’.
- Giuseppe Civitarese, MD, PhD: On Bion’s Concept of Truth in an Extra-Moral Sense (Interview with Giuseppe Civitarese, MD, FIPA, July 2014).
- Judy K. Eekhoff, PhD, FIPA, BCPsa: Between the Real and the Imaginary: Truth and Lies in the Psychoanalytic Encounter.
- Stan Case, LCSW, PhD, ABPsa, FIPA: Weaving Deceptive Webs and Untangling Emotional Truths.
- Nancy C. Winters, MD, ABPsa, FIPA: ‘A Home to the Lie’: The Contemporary (Per)version of Truth.