Would You Like to Publish a Book & How to Submit a Book Proposal
Would you like to publish a book?
1. Books must be edited and/or authored in their entirety by CIPS members. All contributions to edited volumes must represent the work of CIPS members.
2. The content of all books must be related to its Theme: the boundaries of psychoanalysis. The term “boundaries” may be applied to any aspect of psychoanalysis. For example, a volume could relate to aspects of techniques, to cutting edge of theory, inclusion criteria for treatment, psychoanalysis as a profession, or relationships with neighboring disciplines.
3. The content of each volume must be original work that has not been previously published.
4. Books shall be approximately 200 – 250 pages in length.
How to submit a book proposal
All book proposals should be submitted to the Book Series Editor, Fredric Perlman, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal proposals for publications should include the following:
1. Synopsis or overview of the book and its structure.
2. Table of Contents.
3. A brief outline of each chapter in the book, including the identification of each prospective contributor in the case of edited books.
4. Two writing samples, preferably taken from completed portions of the book or related to its theme.
5. All authors, editors, and prospective contributors to edited volumes proposed for publication in the CIPS Book Series must be members of CIPS at the time of the proposal. Proposals for volumes that include contributions by persons who are not members of CIPS will be excluded from consideration by the Editorial Board.
How book proposals are reviewed
All book proposals are peer-reviewed in detail by at least two members of the Editorial Board. Final decisions on publication are made by the Editorial Board and are subject to the approval of the publisher.
Sometimes authors and editors envision books that do not conform to each of the publication guidelines described above. For example, a prospective volume may be longer than the typical 200-250 pages, or may contain some material that has been published before. In such instances, the author or editor of the prospective volume is invited to contact the Book Series Editor (email@example.com) to discuss the project.